Romy Hausmann’s bestselling thriller debut DEAR CHILD blows its Netflix audience away:
- the best start of a German series on the streaming service. ever
- The show has also been No.1 in the Netflix series charts worldwide since yesterday
- #1 in Sweden, #2 in Norway, Denmark and Finland
- is No.1 on the Netflix charts in 45 countries alone
- rights sold to almost 30 countries
- a #2 bestselling novel in Norway
A windowless shack in the woods. Lena’s life and that of her two children follows the rules set by the father: Meals, bathroom visits, study time are strictly scheduled and meticulously observed. Oxygen comes from a “circulation machine”, food is provided by the father only. He protects his family from the dangers lurking “out there” and makes sure that his children, conceived and born in captivity, will always have a mother to look after them. One day Lena manages to flee – but the nightmare continues. It seems as if her tormentor wants to get back what belongs to him. And then there is the question whether she really is the woman called “Lena”, who disappeared without a trace 14 years ago.
Three people are liberated from years of hell on earth only to find unimaginable horror staring back at them. Romy Hausmann has written an emotionally charged, high-caliber page-turner that gets right under your skin from the very first line.